Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council___________________
Notice of Meeting
OF THE PARISH COUNCIL
THIS MEETING WILL BE CONDUCTED ELECTRONICALLY
Thursday 14 May 2020
There will be no public forum.
1. Apologies for absence
2. Confirmation of quorum.
3. Election of Officers
a. Election of Chairman
b. Election of Vice Chairman
c. Election of Highways Officer
d. Election of Footpaths Officer
e. Election of Tree Officer
f. Election of Website Officer
I AM HOPING ALL OFFICERS WISH TO REMAIN THE SAME. PLEASE ANSWER.
4. Declaration of Interest
5. Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 9 May 2018 and 12 March 2019 and Planning Consultations of applications 20/00352/S73, 20/00638/FUL and 20/00359/OUT held electronically.
A resolution is sought to approve and sign the minutes as a true record. Proposed and Seconded please.
All minutes will be sent via mail for signature following approval.
6. Planning Matters
a. New Planning Matters
Planning Application No: 20/00638/FUL
Mr & Mrs Garrett
Erection of a dwelling (resubmission)
Due to Government Guidelines on Social Distancing we were unable to conduct a site meeting. Therefore the meeting was conducted online.
Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council have no objections and are unanimously in support of this application.
Planning Application No: 20/00359/OUT
Location: Land to the East of Penn View, Bayford Hill, Wincanton
Proposal: Outline application with all matters reserved for residential development of up to 100 dwellings with associated access, internal roads and footpaths, car parking, public open space, landscaping, drainage and other associated works and infrastructure.
Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council have held an electronic planning meeting due to the emergency situation in the country and unanimously recommend refusal of this planning application on the grounds of:
- We recommended refusal on the previous applications for the same site (please see our comments in 2017). Whilst there are a smaller number of houses the area for development remains unchanged.
- This application does not conform to the STWB Parish Plan of 2014. Whilst the development may be in Wincanton territory, the impact will be greatly felt in Bayford.
- Wincanton housing needs have already been met and set to double with planning applications already agreed. Bayford has no requirement for more houses. The infrastructure to accommodate an increase in this number of houses does not exist in Bayford or Wincanton.
- There is insufficient employment, primary school places to accommodate this level of increase in population.
- The development site is Grade 2 and Grade 3a agricultural land and once built on, this land will be lost forever to agriculture. Brown field sites should be used before quality agricultural land is built on. According to the NPPF, policies should be in place to safeguard the long-term potential of the best and most versatile agricultural land, which is defined as Grade 1, 2, and 3a.
- The geology of the site, if developed and built on could cause flooding to both Bayford and Wincanton.
- There is no Transport infrastructure to support this development with only 2 buses running per week through Bayford. Given the location and lack of realistic travel modes, future residents of the site are likely to be unduly dependent on private cars for access to employment, shopping, medical and social needs. This will add to the carbon footprint and very damaging environmentally. Therefore, the Transport Assessment in the application is incorrect.
- The access to the site is dangerous as it is a very busy road, with private vehicles, farm vehicles and lorries using it constantly. There has already been numerous accidents and one fatality on this road,
- This development if allowed to go ahead, will destroy the Natural ‘green boundary’ between Bayford and Wincanton.
- CPRE Somerset suggests that the ‘considerable harm’ identified by the Inspector to ‘the character and appearance of the area’ still remains due to the location of the development in the indicative plan. Therefore they recommend refusal of the application as it would contradict the Local Plan Policy SD1.
Planning Application No: 20/00352/S73
Miss Jemima Green
Mitchells Farm, Stoke Trister Road, Stoke Trister, Wincanton.
Section 73 application to very condition 2 (approved plans) of permission 19/02787/FUL to allow relocation of horse walker.
Stoke Trister with Bayford Parish Council voted unanimously in favour of the above application.
b. Outcome of planning matters already considered:
Applicant: Mr R Cummins
Location: Unicorn Inn, Bayford, Wincanton. BA9 9NL
Proposal: Change of use of former public house and curtilage to residential (Use Class C3) & extensions to form 3 No. dwellings with associated parking- Refusal after representation from the public. We note Cllr Webb-Bowen’s statement.- Application refused.
Planning Application No: 19/03362/COL
Location: Cynthia Paddocks, Leigh Common, Pen Selwood. BA9 8LD
Proposal: Application for a Certificate of Lawfulness for the existing use of a dwelling – To be discussed with Planning Officer.- Awaiting Decision
7. Correspondence Received
a. Report from Councillor Summerfield.
a. Report from Councillor Grant
10. Financial Matters
a. Statement of Account and bank reconciliation
b. Bank Balances 31 March 2020.
A resolution is sought to accept the financial statement as at 31 March 2020. Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Current A/c £6541.28; Stoke Trister & Bayford PC Reserve A/c £8353.17; Leigh Common Savings A/c £5104.87. Proposed and Seconded please.
c. A resolution is sought to sign the following cheques. Proposed and Seconded please.
Cheque No: 000495 Training Expenses 24.80
Cheque No: 000496 PCC Parish Magazine 60.00
Cheque No: 000497 Clerk Salary, expenses &
Council Expenses 535.32
11. Riding Gate & East View
No further information from SSDC
The Precept has been paid.
The audit will be later this year.
Report from Cllr McKenna
15. Re-adoption of Rules
To be agreed and signed.
16. Clerk’s spinal column.
To be agreed. Proposed and Seconded please.
17. Donation request.
To be agreed. Proposed and Seconded please.
18. Date of the next meeting.
Thursday 9 July 2020
Mrs P Gillman
Clerk to the Parish Council Date 1 May 2020
NO MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC, JOB APPLICANT, ELECTED MEMBER OR EMPLOYEE SHALL RECEIVE LESS FAVOURABLE TREATMENT ON THE GROUNDS OF GENDER, RACE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, MARITAL STATUS OR DISABILITY